Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fish Tacos

I picked up some really nice red snapper on Monday at Central Market and planned to make fish tacos.
I rushed in the door from my weight training with Sandra Kidd and put the snapper on a piece of foil, sprayed with olive oil, made a quick spice rub and sprinkled it on the fish.  While the fish was baking I made a "Baja sauce" in my small food processor I keep on the counter, ready to go.  I had a bowl of lettuce in the crisper already washed and dried so I shredded it and washed a cut a few grape tomatoes.
When the fish was ready I heated a skillet and sprayed it with olive oil spray, warmed a few corn tortillas, then filled them with the fish, a little lettuce and sauce.  A squeeze of lime and we were eating fantastic fish tacos within 30 minutes.






Fish Tacos  (for 2)
12 ounces red snapper
1 tsp ancho chile powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Mix spices and rub on fish.  Convect roast at 375 degrees or bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  Do not turn.

Baja sauce
2 T light mayo
2 T light sour cream
1 avocado, seeded and scooped out of the shell
2 T cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 T lime juice
1 T salsa
Process in food processor until well blended.  Add salt and pepper to taste.


Heat a large skillet and spray with non stick spray until medium hot.  Warm corn tortillas on both sides, and remove to a plate.  Put approximately 3 ounces of fish, some lettuce, and sauce on each tortilla.  Serve with a squeeze of lime, if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More