Thursday, March 8, 2012

Party Time

I have been working on a party menu for a 21st birthday event for this Friday.  I'm excited to have the opportunity to try something different.  It's a small event, 15 girls, all of whom will be out on a wine tasting adventure prior to the party, and tasting wine with the food we prepare.  My friend, Chef Lisa Wright, is helping me with this event since it's during the work week and a busy time for me at work.
The client is a person a met during the Taste Tour of Azle activities.  She was on the planning committee and attended the various events, including the VIP party which was caterered by Wild Mushroom Steakhouse.  We decided on a menu which includes things like stuffed mushrooms, bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers, grilled tenderloin steak with an A-1/Cabernet reduction on crostini, cheese stuffed chicken and pepper bites (wrapped in bacon), crudite, Asian beef cups, bacon wrapped shrimp, and a cheese and fruit platter with nuts and crackers.
Last night I tested a recipe for bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with cheese and jalapenos.  I'm glad I did because I didn't like the bacon  I used as well as the usual Pedersen Farm organic bacon I normally use.  Back to Central Market again today.
Although it's not the food I normally eat my husband was very happy!  I will post photos the day of the event, although I'm not sure if I will post all the recipes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More