Friday, July 8, 2011

Special Banana Bread

My friend, Yo, in California sent me some fantastic wines last month and I wanted to send him something special from my kitchen since I really can't compete in the wine department.  I did send a few of my favorite Becker Vineyards wine, though but I doubt they will taste as good as the Marinus or Opus One.
I made some of my gourmet banana bread.  I call it gourmet because I use only the best ingredients.

Pecans and walnuts, from Central Market, Callebaut dark and milk chocolate, Lindt white coconut chocolate

The recipe is fairly standard, although I have modified it every time I've made it, depending on my mood and the ingredients. Sometimes I make a healthy whole wheat flour version with turbinado sugar, but this time I made it with the works.

Recipe
3 medium bananas, very ripe and soft
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs, at room termperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup toasted walnuts and pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
2 ounces white coconut chocolate

Preheat the oven to 350.  Grease mini loaf pans with Baker's Secret.  In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with the sugar.  Add softened butter.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Mix the flour with the baking soda, powder, and salt and add it, very gently mixing with the wet ingredients until just combined.
Divide evenly between 4 mini loaf pans.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove to rack.








I hope he and his family enjoy the banana bread!

1 comments:

Tao Master said...

Mmm, Yummy! I will try this recipe when I go back to St Louis. I usually make my banana bread with Trader Joe's dark chocolate and hazelnut.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More