Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Edamame Hummus


Months ago I had some really good edamame hummus at Tokyo Cafe in Ft. Worth. I love edamame and even grow it in my garden but I never thought to make a "hummus" out of it. Traditionally hummus is made from chickpeas, tahini, garlic and olive oil. This hummus was so good I asked the waiter what was in it and he actually told me, which I didn't expect.

Edamame, chickpeas, roasted garlic and sesame oil. I knew that one day I would make a version of this dish. The Tokyo Cafe edamame hummus was served with freshly fried yucca chips, seasoned with shishimi togarashi.

Finally I got around to making it when I visited my daughter in Houston recently.

2 cups edamame, (not in shell) cooked according to package directions or 2-3 minutes, if fresh

1 cup chickpeas, drained

3-4 cloves roasted garlic

2 T olive oil

1/2 tsp sesame oil

finely minced parsley



Place all ingredients, except parsley in food processor. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with yucca chips, storebought or homemade.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More