Monday, June 21, 2010

Oven Dried Tomatoes or "tomato candy"

I posted this photo on Facebook and got some requests for the instructions. I have lots of cherry and other small tomatoes ripening in my garden right now so I wanted to roast them and use them in sauces, frittatas and on salads. (But you can use any size tomato in this recipe)Here's how I did it:

Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and place them cut side up on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or lightly oiled. Season with sea salt and spray lightly with olive oil. Let stand for 20 minutes, then roast in 250 degree oven until slightly dry but still juicy, about 4 hours. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme or other herbs. Keep in refrigerator or they also freeze well. Enjoy! I liked eating them straight--just like "tomato candy" to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More