Sunday, May 2, 2010

Food Adventures in Japan: Yakitori on the street

Yakitori Alley is what I called it. On the road under the raised railroad tracks was the alley full of little yakitori places. Businessmen in expensive suits sit around drinking beer and eating yakitori. At the little place we tried there was a man sitting on a table made from an old crate. We could not read a thing on the menu but managed to tell the woman cooking and waiting on tables that we wanted meat, not cartilage or gizzards. We got some really nice yakitori in the end and thoroughly enjoyed it in the open air alley.

Oh, I managed to talk Steve into going to the little Gindaco stand that Minako pointed out to me the last day. It was right by our hotel all along and I didn't even know it! Darn, I could have had takoyaki every day had I known. I order a few and enjoyed every bite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More